Wednesday 3 April 2013

Ottawa the Place that I Dwell

I live in the small city of Ottawa, the capital of Canada. The parliament buildings are here which creates a breeding ground for pencil pushing suit wearing 9-5'ers. In other words its very conservative and boring to most on the surface. But if you dig down deep below the surface you might be pleasantly  surprised with what you may come across.  You will find out that Ottawa isn't just a breeding ground for government workers and soccer moms,  but has a lot of talented folks living in the depths of it all. I happen to be blessed and know a lot of these talented folks.  Since I am musically challenged in all departments possible I take pride to make it my duty to support and promote all my my talented friends, as well as folks I do not know.

The Ottawa hip hop scene has been hustlin and bustlin for as long as I remember or as long as I have been old enough to remember. I do remember being a young gal back in the day and being very eager to attend every show (if I was here in the city and able to attend) and  show support in the local hip hop scene.  To pay homage, over the next few weeks I will be doing interviews with some of the local artists and people in my city who have paid their dues to make up what the Ottawa hip hop scene is today.






No comments:

Post a Comment