Wednesday 27 March 2013

Who We Are

What is your name and age, where you from and where do you rep now?

 I'm Chris, Some people call me that, others call me Cammack which is my surname. I'm 34 years young and currently reside in the Steel City known as Sheffield. Its in South Yorkshire, north England. I was born further up the road outside Leeds but from the age of 5 was raised down south in a town called Andover which is a hour south west of London by train. I have a mixed up accent, neither cockney or broad Yorkshire.


What were your first albums that introduced you to hop hop and on what format? 


 My mum had a love of all things music, her collection was and still is diverse. This has rubbed off on me and my tastes. The first 2 albums she ever bought me where Beastie Boys 'Licenced To ILL' and Run DMC's 'Raising Hell'. I had heard the singles on the radio and was hooked and she indulged my new love. A good introduction to the culture I'm sure you will agree. Then came Public Enemy & LL Cool J..........
I also developed a strong love of film at an early age thanks to my mum. She and my Nan took me to see The Return Of The Jedi at cinema on its first release, I must have only been 4 but she has told me I didn't take my eyes of the screen.

What are your favourite movies?

 I have many favourite films, too many to mention but right now the 2 that come to mind are Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan and Juice. Both different genres I know but that's what hip hop culture has taught me, you can mix up everything!

What brought us together?


 I connected with Caroline (Chico) via social networking, Instagram to be accurate. I had posted a picture on the markets in Sheffield and if I recall correctly Chico knew exactly where it was! I was blown away! From that point on we have be come good friends and I think the world of her. Yes we have drifted apart a few times but now we are tighter than ever. I guess all friendships have a few bumps in the road huh?

Whats your most memorable hip hop moment as a fan?

 I have 3 moments that stand out to me the most. The first was back in 1994 when I briefly met the Gang Starr foundation at the Reading Festival. All real humble dudes. Big Shug was such a large presence but incredibly friendly. The 2nd was meeting Percee P a few years back at a gig. He was really down to earth and we chopped it up for a good 30 plus minutes. He signed my cd and I had a picture taken with him. I have since lost the picture but the memory hasn't faded. The 3rd is meeting J57 & Koncept from the Brown Bag Allstars this year. I have been taking with J for a good 6-8 months on IG, Twitter and via email and we have become homies. I got to hang out with him and Koncept (who is also a real good dude) at a gig they had over here. We drank until the the early hours and talked and laughed about all sorts of things. We shared Knowledge and humour. Shouts to Booda French & Digga also, 2 stand up dudes!

What does the word AcKnowledge mean to you?

To me AcKNOWLEDGE means one thing. It means to move forward in life you have to acknowledge what is going on around you and where you can share what you find, spread the knowledge to others. Keep it simple. Positive vibes.


No comments:

Post a Comment